Green Cover vs. Bridge Plan
Patriot America Plus and Atlas America visitors insurance plans have certain similarities, but both plans are not for everyone. Patriot America Plus and Atlas America are both comprehensive coverage plans, which means they are percentage-based policies. Both of these plans are good for international travelers who are non-US citizens visiting the US or other foreign countries.
Green Cover and Bridge Plan are two plans that provide comprehensive health insurance to senior citizens who are permanent USA residents, green card holders, and those waiting for Medicare or are not currently eligible for Medicare. After the deductible, both plans pay 80% of the first $10,000, then 100% up to the policy maximum. For more information on the key differences between the two plans, refer to the comparison chart below
- Administered by Seven Corners
- Maximum 364 days of coverage
- Very limited coverage outside of USA
- Not available to US citizens
- Cancellable at any time if no claims have been filed for a $25 cancellation fee
- Not available to residents of Maryland and Washington
This plan has been discontinued as of Nov 21, 2018.
There are alternative plans available on Green Card Insurance Plans page.
- Administered by PIU
- Maximum 11 months of coverage
- No coverage outside of USA
- Only cancellable upon Medicare eligibility
- Not available to residents of Maryland Delaware, Iowa, Kentucky, Mississippi, Montana, Nebraska, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Tennessee, Wyoming
COMMON EXCLUSIONS (What's not covered)
- Preventative Care (immunizations, routine medical exams)
- Accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D) coverage
- Terrorism coverage
- Trip interruption coverage
- Pregnancy and maternity care