InterMedical Insurance vs. Patriot International
When shopping for travel medical insurance for your upcoming trip, two plans you may be considering are InterMedical Insurance and Patriot International. InterMedical Insurance and Patriot International are two plans that do share some similarities but when it comes to deciding between the two, it is important to know their differences in order to make an informed decision.
InterMedical Insurance and Patriot International are both comprehensive coverage plans that provide travelers with both international and USA coverage and pay 100% up to the policy maximum when traveling outside of the USA. While neither of these plans offer coverage for an acute onset of a preexisting condition, both plans are available for travelers above the age of 70, despite the low policy maximum options for such travelers. For more information on the key differences between the two plans, refer to the comparison chart below:
- Administered by TIS
- After the deductible, plan pays 90% of the first $10,000 then 100% after that for expenses incurred inside the US.
- Policy maximum options of $25,000, $50,000, $100,000, $200,000, $500,000, or $1,000,000 for ages 69 and under, $50,000 for ages 70-79, and $10,000 for ages 80+
- $50,000 available coverage for AD&D
COMMON EXCLUSIONS (What's not covered)
- Preventative Care (immunizations, routine medical exams)
- Terrorism coverage
- Pregnancy and maternity care