Health Insurance for Foreign Visitors to the USA
The United States is known for many things. It’s the land of opportunities and home to some of the world’s most identifiable destinations including Hollywood, the New York Stock Exchange, the United Nations, Silicon Valley and so much more.
As you look forward to experiencing all these amazing places, one thing you might overlook is healthcare. The U.S. has some of the highest healthcare costs in the world. Whether you’re traveling to the USA for business, visiting family, receiving higher education or simply taking a holiday, you may want a travel medical insurance plan to protect yourself financially should you need medical attention due to injuries, illnesses or accidents.
Travel Medical insurance is especially important during the COVID-19 pandemic, as the risk that you may need medical attention is greater than before.
What Can Travel Health Insurance Do For Me?
The right travel medical insurance can protect you against unexpected costs while traveling to the U.S. including:
- Illnesses requiring medical care
- COVID-19 tests, diagnosis and treatment
- Physical Injuries
- Car, train and plane accidents
- Trips to the Emergency Room
- Emergency Medical Evacuation
- Repatriation and AD&D
- And more
In the United States, medical visits routinely cost thousands or tens of thousands of dollars. Emergency medical evacuations can cost even more. If you are traveling to the United States, travel medical insurance is the smart choice for any traveler.
What is the Best Travel Health Insurance?
The right travel medical insurance plan for you will vary depending on your travel plans, age and needs. Here are our top picks for visitors to the USA:
- CoverAmerica-Gold is one of the best plans for anyone coming to the United States. With hand-picked benefits for travelers to the Americas, this plan provides world-class benefits including coverage for emergency medical treatments, loss of passport, border entry denial and much more. CoverAmerica-Gold also covers COVID-19 like any other new illness and includes one-of-a-kind benefits for emergency health screenings and an indemnity allowance if you must quarantine at your destination.
- INF Elite is the best insurance option for travelers to the USA who have pre-existing conditions. One of the few travel medical plans to provide coverage for conditions that existed prior to the visitor’s arrival in the U.S., INF Elite is a great option for elderly travelers and those with chronic conditions. INF Elite also covers COVID-19 like any other eligible new condition.
- Patriot America Plus is a good all-around option for travelers to the U.S. This plan offers comprehensive medical coverage to all ages at an affordable price. Although it does not have all the additional benefits of the plans above, it does cover COVID-19 like any other new eligible condition.
Protecting yourself against high medical costs when visiting the United States is a great way to give yourself peace of mind which enables you to better enjoy your trip. With these plans, you can explore all of the exciting places in the United States with the confidence that you are protected no matter what happens.